Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'm Sorry

After only two 30 minute naps, and crying most of the day yesterday (Joel, not me), Scott called the pediatrician and it looks like we have a case of "classic cholic". Fabulous. For the past two weeks, about 5 nights a week, Joel has been having a pretty loud "personal fussy time" around 6 to 9pm. Fortunately for me, most of the time during the day he is a happy and quiet baby. Unfortunately for Scott, the minute he walks in the door, Joel turns on the water works. So there is really not much we can do, just try our best to "soothe" him as much as we can. The nurse said they usually start to grow out of it at 2 months.... so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It is a good thing that we know it's just cholic, and we know the reason for the crying fits. I was worried he was hurting or had digestive problems or something.

Which leads me to the reason for this post.... I'm making a public apology to my friends and family for my lack of emails, phone calls, and i guess overall communication these past few weeks and for the weeks to come. If i said "i'll call you tonight or tomorrow night"..... the reason why i didnt= Joel. If you still haven't recieved a thank you note from me for the baby present.....the reason why i haven't= Joel. No email reply, no baby announcement, no Christmas card....again, the reason why= Joel. So I am very sorry, but I hope now you will understand. Our nights consist of passing the baby back and forth and doing our best to keep him happy. If it sounds awful, it's really not too bad. Scott and I have a pretty good system down now.... One of us holds Joel and keeps him happy, the other one makes dinner, cleans up, plays with the neglected Barkley, or wraps Christmas presents. So please don't take my crappy friendship skills personally. Please do continue to call me or email me, sometimes that's easier and it gives me an excuse to give the baby-duty back to scott for a little bit ;) When Joel settles down, i'll be back to my old "calling, emailing, mailing, posting" self again.

I'm really sorry.

Will you forgive me?

2 comments:

Missy... said...

Hang in there, Liz! Fussy babies are NO fun, but they're still just so darn cute! Enjoy your Christmas!

Kendra ;) said...

Hi Liz! Dixon had the same happy day/ night time fussies...like clockwork. Have you read Happiest Baby on the Block...it has some good ideas. He is a DOLL!