Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Family Update

Well here's an update on what's happening in the Carson house....

Scott: still has a job! we are thankful for every week that passes... in this crazy time, lots of people we know are losing their jobs... thankfully, Scott is still hard at work at Principal and hopefully it continues to stay that way. He is running on the tredmill at work, telling me he is going to be my new "running partner" this spring, since my old running partner, Miranda, is pregnant :)
Joel: almost 3 months old! I can't believe it. He's doing more and more things every day. Lately he really gets laughing and cooing when he watches someone smile at him. He is constantly moving his legs and turning over to his left side and back on his back. His neck is getting so strong and he's working on standing up, while we hold him of course. He is sooooo long, he can't stretch his legs out in any of his 3 month clothes.... so he's already in the 3-6 month clothes. Joel also has had the snuffles for about two weeks now. I'm using the sucky bulb to get the boogies out, but he's still sneezing a bit and seems pretty stuffed up in the mornings. We are all ready for the warm weather to get here!
Barkley: His leg is healed up, hopefully he won't "tweek" his ACL again for awhile. I know I'm biased... but he is the smartest dog i know. When I have time to get a quick nap in during the day, I'll just look at Barkley and say "Let's go lay down upstairs" and he leads me to our bedroom and waits for me to pick him up on our bed. (we don't let him sleep with us at night... just sometimes for naps...he's just a little spoiled!) Barkley also doesn't try to play with Joel's little toys. Scott and I were sure we would be spending our days pulling rattles, stuffed animals, and other baby toys from Barkley's mouth, but he knows he's not supposed to touch them and he only plays with his own! Joel's been playing with a little lion rattle on the floor for weeks, and Barkley has still not touched it once! Now we just have to work on not barking at kids on the sidewalk outside during Joel's naptime!
Me: I'm back to running again.... in the gym a couple times a week. Running on the tredmill is sooooo boring, but I'm not running too many miles yet, so it's not too bad. My first race, the red flannel run, is on Valentines Day. Only 3 miles, but in the frigid cold.... it's an experience. I'm looking forward to this spring sooooo much because we have so many friends with babies on the way, and we are planning a couple late spring vacations. In May, to Phoenix for Scott's cousin's high school graduation. In June, to Platte River State Park in Nebraska with our friends Jen and Mike. Cabin Fever is really setting in around here, and I want to get outside!!
That's about it... nothing too exciting around here, but that's okay with us!
What would be a post without pictures???
Throwing a fit... but looking so cute!
Carrying Joel in my Baby Bjorn carrier from Aunt Stacy (i know it's fuzzy... do you know how hard it is to take a picture in the mirror while holding a baby?!?)
All bundled up and going for a walk on one of the warmer days we had last weekend!
Joel and his BFF Dominic.

0 comments: