Friday, October 29, 2010

Night Eyes

Tonight we went to "Night Eyes" at the Des Moines Zoo where the kids could trick-or-treat. We hadn't been there before, so we didn't know what to expect.... and I think we should have done our research before going!
There were many many many people there, so we kind of got "ushered" through everything... but Joel seemed to enjoy it a lot! There weren't many animals out, but Joel didn't mind at all... he really liked the Christmas lights they had displayed in animal shapes all around the zoo... i think he's really going to like Christmas this year!
Joel was a football player... I had originally planned on him being a spider, to match his sister in an "insects" theme... but he HATED the costume. And I mean HATED. So we threw his jersey on, and some eye black under his yes...ta-dah a new costume!
Molly the bee was perfectly content in the stroller the entire time we were there. She didn't make a peep! I think she was just overwhelmed with all the costumes :)
Tried to get a pic of Joel with the wizard of oz folks.....NOPE!
Brian Urlacher at the zoo???? Sure, why not??
Joel was excited to see Curious George
and he actually really loved Clifford and this kangaroo.. or "woof woof" and "hop hop" as he called them :)

1 comments:

Jen said...

Glad you guys survived!!!