Thursday, July 19, 2012

4th Of July Celebrated

Like I said before, Scott got a 4 day weekend, so we headed to my parents house early on Thursday and went to the children's museum in Omah on Friday. This was a bad idea! I guess I didn't think about everyone else who had the week off and would be wanting to go somewhere indoors to stay cool and have fun.....the place was PACKED... but the kids still had fun.
Molly would play in this little play house all day if you let her. TWICE I found her upstairs "sleeping" in the crib built for a baby doll, with her hair things taken out and her shoes off.
Joel trying to squirt outside of the tub...

ready to fight some fires with Dad....

TEAMWORK!

On Friday night we stayed with our BFFs the McGuires and somehow I managed to leave without taking a single picture! We had a lot of fun though! Saturday was our annual 4th of July celebration. This year the food theme was "patriotic" so much of what we ate was red, white, and blue.
Here's Scott's prize winning fruit pizza...delicious! It was gone by the next morning!

And we had TONS of fireworks to shoot off. I was so worried Molly would be deathly afraid of them and we'd have to save them for another date, but get this...she LAUGHED at them! Both the kids loved it and stayed up until 11:00 watching us light them off.

Molly dancing around with the parachutes from the fireworks...

Emily and John being especially patriotic

and both kids even held sparkers....

and weren't afraid at all!

0 comments: