Before I tell you about his haircut, I need to tell you that he is one sick little boy right now! Joel has had a cold since Wednesday night, but just last night it turned into a deep low annoying cough. Let's just say he has helped Scott and I remember our late nights being up with him, rocking him to sleep every three hours. Poor little guy! Worried about the cough, I took him to the doctor today. Everything looks just fine, she said it was just a cold that has moved into his chest. This sounds bad, but I wish it was something (a little) worse just so he could go on antibiotics. She just told me to do the basic at home remedies....vapor bath, vicks, Benadryl, etc..... and he should be better sometime soon. We are just praying it doesn't turn into RSV. But he had some happy play times today in between long naps, and enjoyed playing with his Dada who had the day off.
Now, the reason for the haircut.....when we were at the doctor's office, Joel was walking around the waiting area. He put his little hands up on the front desk and was watching the receptionist. She looked down at him and said "Well Hello little girl, how are you doing? How old is she?" This was the first time he has been mistaken for a girl! And the reason? he has grown a very nice little curl in the back of his hair. The receptionist could only see his face/hair, and not the fact he was wearing a basketball sweatshirt and brown pants, and assumed he was a girl. I quickly corrected her and she felt really bad, but I instantly knew that the curl had to go!
So... Scott held Joel down this afternoon and I gave him his first official trim. I saved the curl and it is now in his baby book :)
After the haircut...no more girly curl and short around his ears... I know it's just a little change, but I think it makes him look so grown up!
p.s. The doctor told me "the new thing" to help babies with colds, is to put the Vicks rub on the babies feet when they go to bed and put their socks on..... um... okay. I really don't understand this, but of course after only 4 hours of sleep last night I'll try anything! She could have told me to put it in his hair and I would have tried it. So Joel is now in bed with Vicks all over his feet. I'll let you know if it helps..... Do you, dear readers, have any other remedies? Leave me a comment and let me know any of them!
2 comments:
I use the Johnson & Johnson's eucalyptus (bad spelling) bath wash with Keelyn when she's stuffy, along with the ol' steam in the bathroom. It seemed to help her out a little. 'bye bye baby curl :( hello big boy!!!
Poor (very cute!) little boy! Hope he gets to feeling better very soon!
You're doctor was right on the money...Vicks on the feet always does the trick for us. Oh, word of advice: put on thick socks over, otherwise the Vicks will stain his sheets. Don't ask me how I know. :)
Post a Comment