Monday, November 8, 2010

Joel Is 2!!!

I know, right?? Hard to believe, but he is!! Aunt Stacy took these great pics of him on a photo shoot trip to Pella a couple of weeks ago (she is a miracle worker, Joel did not want anything to do with a single picture, but she managed to snap these great ones and multiple others!) LOVE having a photographer in the family!
ANYWAYS! We celebrated yesterday here in our small house... Joel got many special gifts and enjoyed all the attention. We had a Super Why themed party including a Super Why cake made by Aunt Emily. (I'll do a separate party post with pics!) Joel is such a funny little guy and I love being able to stay at home with him. He is so interested in how things work, and pushing buttons and turning things on and off and on and off. He is such a great big brother and we love him so much! Here are some fun facts about this special 2 year old...

**Is a great sleeper, about 10 hours a night and one two to three hour nap a day
**Loves to watch his favorite TV show "Super Why" (obviously!)
**Speaks many words including two and three word phrases. He will copy pretty much anything you say... especially Scott. When Scott gets home at the end of the day Joel likes to say everything he says! Example: the other day Scott and I were talking and he studdered (not something he normally does) but he said "I-I Do" in a conversation we were having... well for the rest of the night, Joel kept repeating "I-I Do!" over and over again :)
**Recognizes all 26 capital letters
**Can read his name
**Can count three objects
**Knows the colors blue, green and yellow
**Is so over the stroller these days, and loves to walk, or run, everywhere
**Is a picky eater... but will eat any fruit you put in front of him. He also likes french fries, a few veggies, and chicken nuggets (sometimes!)
**Loves his little sister, usually he doesn't pay much attention to her, but he often brings her toys (without us asking), tickles her, and tries to give her the bottle.

2 years has gone by so fast, but I love the stage he is in right now... he is so much fun, but will give you a hug and a kiss any time you ask him to.
We love you so much big guy!! Happy Birthday Joel!

0 comments: