Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Next Time You See My Husband....

1) Congratulate him on doing such a great job at his pentathlon! Scott participated in the Nygaard Pentathlon in Des Moines a week ago. He has been training for it for awhile and it paid off! He got second place!! And this is his first time competing in it! The pentathlon is a annual event put on by a club of runners in Des Moines. Scott heard about it through his work and signed up this year. The pentathlon consisted of: 400 yard dash, one mile run around the track, standing long jump, shot put throw, and a bench press competition. As you can imagine, he dominated those skinny runners in the shot put throw, long jump, and bench press. His two runs also went well, but the times of the other competitors were amazingly fast. He ended up placing second, and the guy who beat him played football for Iowa State! Didn't he do awesome?? Well next time you see him, tell him yourself!

2)Please tell him I would not look very good driving one of these...



And would look so much better out on the road if I had one of these....
or one of these....
or even one of these....
but please oh please not a minivan! We are talking about getting a larger vehicle, because obviously our family will be growing very soon! Scott has his eyes on a minivan, and I just can't bring myself to like them! Please don't be offended, dear readers, if you drive a minivan. It's nothing against you...I understand they are completely wonderful and so spacious, but i've just never liked them... and yes I have driven one, in high school! I keep telling Scott that if I'm 27 years old, the mother of two children, and drive a minivan, I will have a midlife crisis!! (or a third-life crisis as our friend Dave so lovingly pointed out) Don't you agree with me? Well next time you see him, tell him yourself!!

3 comments:

Angie said...

No minivan!!!!! I side with you, Liz! I will never drive one myself!
:)

Emily said...

I saw a Chevy Traverse earlier today... they're big but not Suburban big... and I drove a Equinox while my car was being fixed and it was really nice. Plus, an Equinox gets better gas mileage than a Pilot and is American made.

Just sayin'.

Too bad you didn't get pregnant last January - we just sold big blue! I would have GIVEN her to you! Just like old times, right??

Lauren Coren said...

Totally agree on the minivans. I REFUSE to drive one when we get to that point. Gotta love those crossovers!

It's a girl!