Monday, March 8, 2010

It's a Girl!!!

My good friend Happy gave me a very special gift this weekend. For watching her son Lance, she gave me a 3D/4D ultrasound in West Des Moines! The ultrasound was absolutely amazing, we just sat in awe at what we were watching on the screen and were so happy to find out for sure that we are having a girl! The ultrasound tech was great, she talked us through the whole thing and explained everything that we were seeing. The baby is 100% perfect! All measurements were great, and the baby was healthy and happy. Right now she's estimated at weighing about 4.2 pounds, and the nurse said that should put her at about 7.5 pounds at birth...but will probably be very long! I've posted a link to snapfish, in the post below this one, to all the pictures that were taken. Here are a few of my favorites....
VERY large feet! like the same size of her shin!
Smiley baby
This is how smooshed she is in there!
She kept her hand by her face almost the entire time
"Thumbs up mom! Things are goin good!"
Can you imagine the waterworks that followed from my mom after the tech. typed that??
Yes...HAIR! it's the white whispy stuff in the picture. she said it looks about 2cm long!
It was such a special thing to see, and now we are more excited than ever to meet her! I did learn something important from this experience that I thought I should share...
***Make sure to be completely clear about when your ultrasound appointment is. Or else you will get 12 texts (literally) from people all day on Saturday wanting to know what the sex of the baby is! The appt wasn't until 3:45pm, and I have some very impatient family and friends!***

2 comments:

Missy... said...

YAY, YAY, YAY for little girls! What a blessing to be able to have one of each! I predict that you'll be amazed at the difference between boys and girls! So excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I'm also having a girl!! I am due May 7th so just a little ways behind you. Almost there!