Wednesday, April 7, 2010

And Counting.....

8.........days until baby girl arrives! We are enjoying the "calm before the storm" around here and spending quality time with Joel by going to parks, wrestling on the couch, and lots of hugs and kisses.
1.........more doctor appointment! This Friday! I can't believe I only have one more to go to, seems so crazy.
17........months ago Joel was born! He is becoming such a little ham. Still loves to dance and loves to eat any kind of fruit. He is starting to say some two-syllable words like Cookie and Cracker. Does a good job of telling Barkley and any other dog to "Sssshhh!" whenever they bark. Is a little lover-boy, giving kisses (open-mouthed...kind of gross) and hugs.
2..........good legs Barkley has left :) He is healing up very well (from tearing his ACL three weeks ago). We are still using very conservative management, and he is in resting for most of the day. We have been able to let him out more and more every day, but for the most part, he is in his kennel in the kitchen where he is still able to see us and beg for Joel's high-chair food droppings. We will take him back to the vet in a couple weeks, but so far he is doing very well.
5.........frozen casseroles in our freezer from my mom, for when we are parents of "two under two" and dinner plans get pushed aside. (thanks mom!)

3 comments:

Missy... said...

You're soooooo close! Can't wait to "meet" her! Please let us know if you need ANYTHING! Can I contribute to that frozen casserole count?!?

The Lynam's said...

I cannot believe it's next week already! Hope you are doing well overall!!!

Kendra ;) said...

Missy! You worry about having enough of your OWN frozen casseroles! ;) Good luck Liz!!! I am so excited for you...seeing pink!!!!