1. New York drivers are cahrayzay. I'm still in shock that I didn't witness or become part of an accident. It's just like Buddy The Elf says: "Watch out... The yellow ones don't stop!"
2. New Yorkers are not as nice as Iowans. I won't say they are mean.....let's call them "focused". For example...if you accidentally bump into someone, step on the back of their shoe, or cut them off on a sidewalk, in Iowa you would say "I'm sorry" or "excuse me". Try saying this to a New Yorker, and you will get a dirtier look than you got before you ran into them.
3. If you go to Central Park, you will need to get a map. The park itself is way bigger than it looks, and if you think you can use your spidey senses to navigate it yourself, you are wrong. You will end up going in circles and see the same large rock you saw 5 minutes ago.....trust me, i know from experience.
4. Compared to Washington D.C., there are not as many "in your face" bums. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of bums, but they aren't the kind to get in your face and ask you for money. They are the kind that will randomly ask you questions, like "did you see which way he went?" or "what did she look like?", leaving you to wonder what they are currently smoking.
5. Speaking of bums, they come in all shapes and sizes in NY. Even sweet caucasin old ladies who look lost..... don't fall for it, they are also smoking something and will tell you that you look really good in red, when in fact you are wearing navy blue.
6. I saw Jackie Evancho walking down the street by me. Her dad doesn't like it when you stare at her trying to figure out if it's really her.
7. Ray's pizza really is the best. I'll be dreaming about those garlic knots for awhile.
8. Times Square is really cool, but at night it's really crazy. Not a place to take children in strollers at 10pm. Apparently some people need to read my list so they will learn this as well. I thought it would be common sense, but I guess not!
9. Do the double decker bus tours. They were the best. It was a great way to get around, see the city, and learn a lot. And if you get the tour guide guy named "Jim" you will learn almost every single celebrities birthday. Happy 65th Birthday Donald Trump, and Courtney Cox and Jerry Stiller will celebrate their day of birth this week.....in case you wanted to send a card.
10. Jersey people are funny.....easy to spot in a crowd. Snooki's were everywhere.
11. Rupert's Deli is no longer next to the Ed Sullivan Theater. Biggest and only let down of the trip!
12. When Scott is in a suit he is in business mode. He will not hold your hand or even laugh at you when you say "Did he say Grand Central Station.....Or my Aunt's constipation??" for the 30th time.
More to come I'm sure..... heading home tomorrow so stay tuned! Lots of pics to come!
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
What I've Learned In New York (Part 1)
Posted by CarsonFamily at 7:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment